BYU Law Library patrons who are not students or faculty of the Law School can now access Westlaw by creating a personal, individual account that is good for up to 20 hours or 14 days of use, whichever comes first. All you need is an Internet connection and an email address that has not be used on Westlaw before.
Here are the instructions:
- Go to Westlaw Edge’s Patron Access signup website: https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/c/remote-patron-access
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your contact information.
- In the Organization Type field, you MUST select “Government – State & Local” from the drop-down menu in order to access this trial. Do not select “Pro Se” or something else. For business name, you can put “None.”
- On the next page, “Add Colleagues,” click “Skip.”
- Then click “I agree to Terms & Conditions” and click “Create Profile.”
- Fill out the “Create OnePass Profile” page with your details and click “Continue.”
- Fill out the security details for your OnePass Profile and click “Create.”
- Click “Confirm and Continue.”
- Click “Get Started” to start researching!
- Westlaw will ask you for a client ID. You can add anything here, but you do need to add something.
If you have any trouble creating your OnePass Profile, email email@example.com.