Bloomberg Law created a five-episode series of podcasts on the experiences of African American lawyers in the United States and the current state of diversity & inclusion efforts. Bloomberg Law Executive Editor for Strategic Initiatives Lisa Helem and Senior Producer Adam Allington interviewed African Americans in Big Law, corporate counsel offices, and academia for the episodes, which run from 23 minutes to 40 minutes.
- Episode 1: How Did We Get Here?. Interviewees include Maja Hazell, Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion at White & Case.
- Episode 2: Big Law and Diversity. Interviewees include Tony West, Chief Legal Officer at Uber.
- Episode 3: Legal Education. Interviewees include L. Song Richardson, Dean and Chancellor’s Professor of Law at U.C. Irvine.
- Episode 4: African American Women Law Partners. Interviewees include Raqiyyah Pippins, life sciences and healthcare regulatory partner at Arnold & Porter.
- Episode 5: The Federal Judiciary. Interviewees include Eric H. Holder, Jr., former United States Attorney General and partner at Covington & Burling.
You can find the entire series at https://news.bloomberglaw.com/podcasts/uncommon-law and on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.