For BYU students and faculty, Tax Notes is available, but only by setting up an individual account. To access Tax Notes, follow these instructions:
- Make your individual account by going to this Tax Notes link specifically for BYU students: http://dbs.lib.byu.edu/taxnotes.
- You may be prompted to put in your net ID and password.
- If you get an error message, try clearing your cookies (or try using an incognito browser if you don’t want to clear your cookies).
- Fill in your information to create your individual account. When you put your “company email address,” make sure you use an email alias that has the domain: @byu.edu. (The domain @law.byu.edu will not work.)
- If you don’t have an email alias that has the @byu.edu domain, go to the E-Mail Alias Manager on BYU’s website at https://alias.byu.edu/, and create an email alias with the domain of @byu.edu.
Now that you’ve registered, in the future you can sign in with the email address and password you used to create your Tax Notes account.
Note: You will only have access to Tax Notes Federal, and not Tax Notes State or Tax Notes International. If you need access to Tax Notes State or Tax Notes International, the BYU Law Library has print copies. You can send a request to have an article in print scanned and emailed to you. To do so, contact Interlibrary Loan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to reach out to any of the BYU Law librarians.