For BYU students and faculty, Tax Notes is available, but only by setting up an individual account. To access Tax Notes, follow these instructions:
- Make your individual account by going to this Tax Notes link specifically for BYU students: http://dbs.lib.byu.edu/taxnotes.
- You may be prompted to put in your net ID and password.
- If you get an error message, try clearing your cookies (or try using an incognito browser if you don’t want to clear your cookies).
- Fill in your information to create your individual account. When you put your “company email address,” make sure you use an email alias that has the domain: @byu.edu. (The domain @law.byu.edu will not work.)
- If you don’t have an email alias that has the @byu.edu domain, go to the E-Mail Alias Manager on BYU’s website at https://alias.byu.edu/, and create an email alias with the domain of @byu.edu.
Now that you’ve registered, in the future you can sign in with the email address and password you used to create your Tax Notes account.
Note: You will only have access to Tax Notes Federal, and not Tax Notes State or Tax Notes International. If you are a BYU Law student, email Iantha Haight at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your individual account added to the Tax Notes State and/or Tax Notes International subscription electronically.
If you are a BYU student but not a BYU Law student and need access to Tax Notes State or Tax Notes International, the BYU Law Library has print copies. You can send a request to have an article in print scanned and emailed to you. To do so, contact Interlibrary Loan at email@example.com.
If you have any problems or questions, feel free to reach out to any of the BYU Law librarians.