While most of us use HeinOnline for its law journal collection, it has many other resources that are worth becoming familiar with. Hein has recently announced a new collection, World Constitutions Illustrated: Contemporary & Historical Documents & Resources, which may be of interest to you. This collection will continue to grow, but currently includes:
– The current constitution for every country
– Substantial constitutional histories of the United Kingdom, France, Brazil and Colombia (among others).
– More than 800 classic books about constitutional law, with specific chapters tied to specificcountries.
– Links to scholarly articles about constitutional development.
– Links to online resources related to political development.
– A bibliography of select constitutional books.
One resource included in the collection that I’ve found very useful in the past is Modern Legal Systems Cyclopedia. This multi-volume encyclopedia provides an introduction to the legal systems and the substantive law of every country in the world. You may want to give it a look if you’re going overseas for an externship this summer.