Hunter’s Query is the official blog of the Howard W. Hunter Law Library, J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University. That’s a lot of names. Here we try to keep you informed of the goings on in the library and law school, while also offering research tips and close-ups of some of the many resources available through the Law Library. Please direct any comments or questions about the blog to email@example.com.
Tagsawards baseball Bloomberg Law budget cali Casemaker construction e-resources faculty research Fastcase final exams finals foreign law free funny google Hein Hunter Law Library ineffective assitance of counsel Inns of Court international law jobs legal research legal writing legislative history Lexis libguides Lincoln Loislaw low-cost no-nos rankings scanners SCOTUS SSRN standing statutory construction Summer research tips & advice treatises u.s. code U.S. Constitution unemployment benefits Utah Westlaw
- Utah Supreme Court upholds changes to initiative process; adopts pleading rule for breach of contract cases; issues two other decisions.
- Utah Court of Appeals adopts standard for affidavits in actual innocence cases and issues eight other decisions
- 10th Circuit upholds approval of Utah’s cap and trade sulfur dioxide plan; holds Utah company has no liability coverage due to unambiguous pollution exclusion; and issues three other published opinions.
- Utah Supreme Court issues opinions on evidentiary privileges and ineffective assistance of counsel
- Utah Court of Appeals holds exclusionary rule does not apply in child welfare cases, that claim preclusion applies in civil stalking cases and issues six other decisions