Hunter’s Query is the official blog of the Howard W. Hunter Law Library, J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University. That’s a lot of names. Here we try to keep you informed of the goings on in the library and law school, while also offering research tips and close-ups of some of the many resources available through the Law Library. Please direct any comments or questions about the blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tagsawards baseball Bloomberg Law budget cali Casemaker construction e-resources exhibit faculty research Fastcase final exams finals foreign law free funny google Hein Hunter Law Library ineffective assitance of counsel Inns of Court international law jobs legal research legal writing legislative history Lexis libguides Lincoln Loislaw low-cost no-nos rankings scanners SCOTUS SSRN stats Summer research tips & advice treatises u.s. code U.S. Constitution U.S. history Utah Westlaw
- Utah Court of Appeals holds exclusionary rule does not apply in child welfare cases, that claim preclusion applies in civil stalking cases and issues six other decisions
- 10th Circuit panel finds no ineffective assistance when a futile argument is not made
- Utah Supreme Court holds premature notices of appeal do not divest district courts of jurisdiction
- Two domestic relations cases handed down today by the Utah Court of Appeals
- 9th Circuit holds Idaho and Nevada bans on same sex marriage violate 14th Amendment